In this article, you will learn how to keep different versions of a Word document in the same file and extract them whenever necessary.
You can easily view and extract previous versions of a Word document when your files are stored to the cloud storage service OneDrive connected to your Office software. If you use OneDrive, the process is simple.
How to enable version history in Office 365?
To connect your Office software to OneDrive, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Word and create a new blank document.
- Click on the Sign in button in the upper-right corner of the document.
- Enter your Microsoft or Office 365 email address and password to log in.
Congratulations! Now you can automatically save multiple versions of your documents.
How to save different versions of a Word document?
To save multiple versions of a Word document, follow this procedure:
- Open Microsoft Word and create a document.
- To save this version, click on File > Save.
- Save the file in the OneDrive folder.
- You can save this document as many times as you want.
How to view a different version of your document?
- Open your Word document and click on the Version History button in the top-right corner.
- In the column on the right, you can choose the version you want to view or restore.
- To restore a version, click on Open version > Restore.
How to compare different versions of one document?
To compare different versions of a Word document, open it and click on Version History, open the desired version and click on the Compare button under the main menu to see the differences between the latest version and the selected one.
How to access version history online via OneDrive?
To open different versions of your Word document, you can also use OneDrive on the web.
- Go to the folder where you have stored your files, right-click on the selected document and scroll down to Version History.
- In the new tab, you will see a list of different versions of the document, which you can download or restore.
How to view version history in SharePoint?
- Open the list or library from the Quick Launch bar.
- Right click on the space between the item or document name and date, then scroll down to Version History. This way, you will see a list of versions of the file.
In the Version History window, choose the version you'd like to access and click the down arrow on the right side to see a list of options.
Finally, select View.
- We can keep multiple version of a word document in a single file by using
- We can keep multiple versions of a word document in a single file by using
- We can keep multiple version of a word document in a single file by using which feature
- How to delete multiple files on Mac > Guide
- How to find all hyperlinks in a word document > Guide
- Tamil word document to pdf converter > Forum - Word
- View Word documents in full screen mode: Windows, Mac > Guide
- Remove password from a Word document > Guide
- Insert a check mark in Word document: Mac, Windows, shortcut
- How to set and print an A5 page in Word?
- Convert numbers into Words: in Word
- Recover an unsaved email attachment in Word
- How to add a watermark: in Word, to all pages, on one page
- Why is word showing dots instead of spaces
- Insert images in Word document: without moving the text
- How to stop letters overlapping in Word: when printing
- Download Word for free: student, Mac, Windows
- Automatically replace abbreviations in Word via AutoCorrect
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand
- Delete part of a table in Word: cells, columns, rows
- Add a background image or watermark to a Word document
- Recover unsaved documents in Microsoft Word: on Mac, Windows
- How to add document properties in Word
- Convert Word to PDF and PDF to Word: online, for free
- How to open DVI file: Windows, online
- Insert symbols and special characters in Word
- How to change editing language: Microsoft Word
- Remove hyperlinks in Word
- Microsoft Word charts: create, insert, customize
- Insert watermark in Word: in front of picture
- How to delete a page in Word
- How to create a TOC in Microsoft Word?
- How to insert a non-breakable space (NBSP) in Word?