Facebook doesn't currently provide a native feature for the insertion of special characters into your status updates and messages, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. This walkthrough will show you how to do so.
How to type special symbols using Word?
Open a blank document and click on Insert and then Advanced Symbol. Select the desired symbol or special character and click Insert to add it to your document.
Repeat the operation to insert more symbols into your Word document. Once done, copy and paste the symbols into your Facebook post or comment.
How to type special symbols with the Character Map?
You can use the Character Map to copy and paste special characters into your posts. Open the Run command, type
and press Enter to bring up the Character Map.
Click on the special characters or symbols you'd like to use. The selected characters will appear in the Character to copy field.
Click on the Copy button to copy the selection to your clipboard. You can now paste the selected text into your Facebook post or message.
How to type special symbols a browser extension?
Special Characters is a browser extension for Google Chrome that will enable you to rapidly insert special characters in online forms or text fields. You can download the extension from the Chrome Web Store.
Special Characters will enable you to organize your special characters into collections. To create or update a collection, right-click on the Special Characters icon and select Options.
Click on Add Character and copy and paste the character you'd like to use (from the Character map or webpage) into the Character field. Repeat the operation to add more characters to the collection.
Click on Save to update the collection.
To insert a special character into a Facebook comment or update, you simply have to right-click in the text field and select Special Characters, next, click Insert (special character).
- Insert Symbols or Special Characters in Word
- Keyboard getting symbols instead of numbers [solved] > Forum - Laptop
- A Special Character to Write Text Backwards
- Oracle - Making use of special characters
- Vista- Special characters displayed wrongly [solved] > Forum - Windows Vista
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account