I get blank screen when i turn on my computer

Closed
ashesm Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2014 - Apr 12, 2014 at 03:04 AM
ashesm Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2014 - Apr 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Hi,
my computer was normally working, then suddenly the screen went blank although i can stil hear the fans, when i turned the power off and back on, before pressing turn on button the fans start running. The light to show computer is on isnt lighting even when i press the button to turn on, same thing i hear fans but nothing on screen. Could some one please help me figure out the cause, im thinking power supply went weak or something although its fans are working
thanks in advance

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 12, 2014 at 03:39 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM results in such problems.

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check if you

are able to use your PC without any issue. If the problem still exists then change

the slot. If the problem still exists then try the above procedure with the other

RAM. If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks

"Images".

RAM

Removing a RAM

Good Luck
ashesm Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2014
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Hi,
thanks for your help, i tried but no luck. I even tried turning it on without RAM to see if motherboard is working but i ddnt get beeps or anythng..whatever i,do its still the same, im guessing the powersupply is gone weak? How would i know? The motherboard light works and the fans when first turnd on for about one minute then it stops and starts turning again with nothing on display
ashesm Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 12, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2014
Apr 12, 2014 at 11:43 PM
What does it mean if in computer properties it says installed Ram: 6GB (3.24GB usable)??
thanks