ACER ASPIRE 5736Z accidental shutdown and blank screen on bootup

Closed
sudox Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2014 - Apr 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM
 sudox - Apr 20, 2014 at 08:11 AM
I have a notebook acer aspire 5736z that has been having multiple issues related to both hardware and software. It started with accidental shutdowns, Weird noises and performing slow. I opened and dusted everything inside but there was no luck. It usually shuts down when surfing online or when I try to open a video on VLC. It continued worsening and started flashing the BSOD immediately after the windows logo page, and sometimes it load up to the 'starting windows' page, and then won't launch the desktop( Just blank with only the cursor), I used the task manager here to load the desktop(explorer.exe), sometimes i try to boot but the screen is just dead.
I formatted the PC and upgraded from windows 7 to 8 but the problems haven't ceased yet.Today i left the PC on hibernation, but when I came to fire it up but the screen is just dark(dead screen), I tried cold booting but no luck. I connected the PC to the main power supply rather than extension power plugs and It did boot okay. I flashed the BIOS but when booting the win 8 OS developed an error that flashed before i could read.Am fearing that these problems will show up again. I have tried using sality killer, cleaning registry, but nothing works. I need your help guys,thanks.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Apr 12, 2014 at 07:52 PM
Sounds like intermittent hardware failure to me. I would start looking at the memory modules and perhaps the hard drive.

Good Luck
what possibly could be the problem with the mem modules
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Apr 14, 2014 at 01:54 PM
You could have a few bytes that don't work correctly. Try running the laptop on one of the modules.

You should probably take the laptop to a local repair shop.
Thanks for the advice. Will try it out