Using a selected criteria to copy cells into new sheet

Closed
Debs269 Posts 21 Registration date Monday October 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2016 - Apr 16, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Debs269 Posts 21 Registration date Monday October 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2016 - Apr 22, 2014 at 04:56 AM
Hello,

I have written a spreadsheet that is basically a dashboard for data... I have hit a small snag as usual the business wants to over complicate things...

I have used a number of slicers to select data for the main KPIs... however they want certain extracts of data from the some of the rows.

Basically...

The selection criteria will in cell F2 on worksheet "Front Sheet"

If the criteria is met in column I (worksheet "Not Resolved(RM)") then copy cells in row X, AP, L, and E (in that order) to cells on worksheet "Front Sheet" starting at column B, row 76.

and then loop through the worksheet to find all that match the criteria

There is 6 possible choices to select for the criteria.

Can another one help please...

A another problem I have I have used slicers as I have said, but I have two data sources which I can not get to like up even though the business units are the same, I dont think there is a way around this, but if anyone knows of a way .. it would be much apprieciated

Many Thanks in advance

Debs

1 response

Blocked Profile
Apr 17, 2014 at 07:21 PM
Ok Debs, I am going to tackle the second problem first.

When you say that you have slicers, and two sources, are you trying to upload data sliced from another query, and link the two tables based on the slice?

Is the data sliced and data uploaded the difference? You need to check for programatic duplicates, in which case duplicates will probably be discarded, as the slice is there to make the SMALLEST AMOUNT available to work with.
Debs269 Posts 21 Registration date Monday October 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 18, 2016 2
Apr 22, 2014 at 04:56 AM
Hi, Mark

I have two worksheets with different data on, but the common search the regions, both worksheets have pivots tables, and the slicer is looking for the data based on the region.

I currently have two slicers which I can not link together is there a solution so I dont have to select the criteria twice on the page, as I need this to be as simple as possible for the users.

If you need to see the spreadsheet I can email to you.