How to install Opera mini on Blackberry?

Solved/Closed
dumisani321 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2014 - Updated on Nov 26, 2019 at 10:54 AM
Michael_Mohome_Moleefee Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2015 - Jul 14, 2015 at 12:34 AM
Hey, I'm using a Blackberry 9810 smart phone and I've been trying to install Opera Mini and it has been telling me it can't be connected to the internet. Please can you help my because I'm running out of options. I have Opera Mini before and had to delete it because it was giving me problems. I've been trying to install it for 3 days and nothing works.
Related:

1 response

nicc Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2014 52
May 13, 2014 at 01:39 AM
i thnk this will help you.... try it and see

1. Open https://www.opera.com/mobile in your BlackBerry browser (not your desktop web browser) and select the version that mentions "No Signature" in brackets.

You'll see download links that say Verisign / Thawte / Multiple Certificates - ignore them and download the unsigned version for your language. Here's a direct link.

2. Next, open this help page in your desktop to determine the APN internet settings for your mobile service provider.

Open BlackBerry Settings -> Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP and type the APN value in the space provided. You may keep the user / password field blank if no value is specified on the Opera help site.

This excellent advice is courtesy Navjot Pawera - Thanks. Opera Mini does seem like a nice alternative to the built-in BlackBerry Internet browser
Michael_Mohome_Moleefee Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2015
Jul 14, 2015 at 12:34 AM
I will try and see if it will work and thanks in advance nicc