Dell Inspiron boots to windows boot manager not vista

Solved/Closed
ErieEl Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2014 - May 15, 2014 at 01:02 PM
 ErieEL - Jul 21, 2014 at 07:38 PM
Hello, I am not sure I am in the correct forum. My laptop began booting Windows Boot Manager not Vista. At first it seemed to be a virus so I was in that forum. I was helped to eliminate some malware infestations and told to go back to hardware. When I tried to do so, I was required to change my nickname.

Anyway, I still have the original problem. When I turn the the computer on, I see the Dell logo screen. Then I see the Windows Boot Manager. When I select Windows Vista, there are 30 seconds of beeping and then Vista boots up and runs well.

How do I repair the boot process?

Related:

2 responses

ErieEl Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2014
May 15, 2014 at 01:05 PM
Sorry, I see my original boot to Virus/security still shows. That is solved.
I did not mean to enter this one twice. see that I did. I I did not think the first one was accepted in Hardware.
This problem is solved but I cannot take any credit for it. My cat fell asleep on the keyboard when it was on. When I removed the cat, turned off the computer and later turned it on, it worked. I have absolutely no idea what happened -- It's probably just coincidence. But on the off chance that she did do something, I would love to know what it was.