Security system of websites

Closed
Namaha Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 3, 2014 - Jul 3, 2014 at 02:52 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 3, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Hello Sir

Greetings..!!

I wanted to know the security system of websites.How can I come to know weather any of the online transaction sites are secures enough to use.

I know about if the web site starts with HTTPS is secured
I know about if the web site shows LOCK Icon at the URL bar

But some cases we are not able to see any of the above hints to confirm weather the site secured to use

For Exp : [deleted by moderator]

In the above website there are asking details of Credit Card for the donation,How can I make sure the transaction is secured in this site?

Thanks for the help :)

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 3, 2014 at 04:12 PM
OK.

They claim a third party of WIDGTmaker is certifying that transaction. I would suggest looking for an address, go and get a money order from AAMSCOT and send it that way. You have limited access to your funds that way. If you must absolutley cannot go to bed tonight without contributing money to some scam artist politician, then go and get a VISA gift card, and give them that number.

DISCLAIMER and OPINION TO FOLLOW: Anyone that has to beg for money, has no chance of making a difference. Save your money.

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jul 3, 2014 at 04:41 PM
Three cheers for ac3mark!