It looks like someone else might be using your account

Closed
Ziggy1208 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2014 - Jul 16, 2014 at 04:40 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jul 16, 2014 at 06:38 AM
Hello, as usual I log in my email account. after signing in..they say "It looks like someone else might be using your account, To help you--and only you--get back into z*****l@hotmail.com, we need to verify that it's yours"

i click next.

Then they ask me "How do you want to receive your security code?"
there are two options :
z*****@hotmail.com or
i can't verify my account

am not able to access my inbox, nor my onedrive, after signing in in my account. I try to use the single use code. But, again, am not getting any text message!

i tried to fill their questionnaire,
"You can still get back into this account by filling out a questionnaire. We'll get back to you within 24 hours (typically a lot sooner). Go to: https://account.live.com/acsr"

with the correct info..but I got an automated email stating that "Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.
We have taken the additional step of blocking your account"

Please help me!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jul 16, 2014 at 06:38 AM
Hotmail has now been replaced by Outlook so Hotmail is now Outlook and your Hotmail account should work in Outlook.

See if this page will help you recover your account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

Also, I suspect that your computer is not safe against intrusions.

Ambucias
Virus/Security Contributor