Please help, This problem keeps coming back
Solved/Closed
Newbie56
Posts
9
Registration date
Thursday 17 July 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
12 October 2014
-
24 Jul 2014 à 18:35
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 3 Aug 2014 à 17:30
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 - 3 Aug 2014 à 17:30
5 responses
Ambucias
Posts
47312
Registration date
Monday 1 February 2010
Status
Moderator
Last seen
28 March 2026
11,166
1 Aug 2014 à 16:28
1 Aug 2014 à 16:28
Hi
Two things I would suggest.
Windows 8 is full of bugs and you should upgrade to Windows 8.1 and it's free.
The second thing is to delete Chrome, keep using Firefox which is far more stable.
Let me know
Two things I would suggest.
Windows 8 is full of bugs and you should upgrade to Windows 8.1 and it's free.
The second thing is to delete Chrome, keep using Firefox which is far more stable.
Let me know
Ambucias
Posts
47312
Registration date
Monday 1 February 2010
Status
Moderator
Last seen
28 March 2026
11,166
2 Aug 2014 à 08:22
2 Aug 2014 à 08:22
You are most welcome.
Yep there is a way.
Read this Microsoft tutorial:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-the-windows-8-1-update-kb-2919355-b189a9bd-0b33-f4a4-2092-4a5be0ebcb61
It will give you all the directives which you must follow to the letter. Once installed, your operating system will be much more stable.
Good luck
Yep there is a way.
Read this Microsoft tutorial:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-the-windows-8-1-update-kb-2919355-b189a9bd-0b33-f4a4-2092-4a5be0ebcb61
It will give you all the directives which you must follow to the letter. Once installed, your operating system will be much more stable.
Good luck
Newbie56
Posts
9
Registration date
Thursday 17 July 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
12 October 2014
2 Aug 2014 à 08:11
2 Aug 2014 à 08:11
Thanks for the reply.
I have uninstalled Chrome, was thinking about doing that anyway. I know Windows 8.1 is free because a window pops up every once in awhile on my laptop offering it. I have been putting it off for now. Is there a way to get it now without waiting for that pop-up? It only appears every few weeks.
I have uninstalled Chrome, was thinking about doing that anyway. I know Windows 8.1 is free because a window pops up every once in awhile on my laptop offering it. I have been putting it off for now. Is there a way to get it now without waiting for that pop-up? It only appears every few weeks.
Newbie56
Posts
9
Registration date
Thursday 17 July 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
12 October 2014
3 Aug 2014 à 17:12
3 Aug 2014 à 17:12
Thank you so much. After following the help here my problem is solved :D
Ambucias
Posts
47312
Registration date
Monday 1 February 2010
Status
Moderator
Last seen
28 March 2026
11,166
3 Aug 2014 à 17:30
3 Aug 2014 à 17:30
Just Dandy! I was glad to help!
Thank you for your feedback.
Cheers
Thank you for your feedback.
Cheers