No sound on Youtube Videos in any browser

Solved/Closed
dmcmillen Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2013 - Oct 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
 Katrina - May 12, 2015 at 03:35 PM
Win 7, 64, Home, Adobe Flash Player ActiveX 11.8.800.175, Adobe Flash Player Plugin 11.8.800.168, Firefox 24.0 (IE 10, Maxthon 3)

This may have started when I updated Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX to 11.8.800.175 on 9/27. All youtube videos in all browsers play video fine but no audio. Some websites with embedded flash play audio, some do not -- none with embedded youtube flash play audio. No problems with the Volume Mixer. Have run FireFox in Safe Mode and same problem. Computer audio outside browsers works fine. VLC, Windows Media Player all work fine. Problem is only in the browsers. I have K-Lite pack installed. Everything has been working with no problems.

Would really appreciate some help here.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"vidc.uyvy"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.yuy2"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.yvyu"="msyuv.dll"
"vidc.iyuv"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.i420"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.yvu9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"msacm.l3acm"="C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\l3codeca.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"msacm.ac3filter"="ac3filter.acm"
"msacm.dvacm"="C:\\PROGRA~2\\COMMON~1\\ULEADS~1\\vio\\dvacm.acm"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"msacm.dvacm_vspx5"="c:\\PROGRA~2\\Corel\\CORELV~2\\COMMON~1\\Vio\\Dvacm.acm"

5 responses

dmcmillen Posts 2 Registration date Friday October 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2013 2
Oct 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Well I have solved the problem and do I feel pretty stupid. Although I must say that this is easy to miss. It appears that the latest Flash update leaves the Flash player with the volume slider turned all the way down. It is unmuted but you don't see the volume slider unless you hover over the mute icon. Once you turn it up it is set for the Flash player for all videos. It never ceases to amaze me the decisions that software developers make.
3 sharp smacks for that fool
Aaaargh! Simples! Thank you so much.I feel really stupid too! But hey! Felt like a genius when the music came soaring up! Thanks again.