Pc asking for a password?

Closed
inthemix1010 Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2009 - Mar 10, 2009 at 01:02 AM
 inthemix1010 - Mar 14, 2009 at 09:52 PM
Hello, everyone maybe someone can help? went to a mates pc to help this is what i found
the pc boots to the black screen asking for a password (he never had one) but you can try any 2 and it says wrong and windows logo will show and the user screen with a password, Again what ever is put in the reply is windows can not open this Domain? so i thought to try and boot into safe mode or the bios using f2 or f8 or even f12 but what ever i choose nothing but the black screen asking for the password appears? so i´m stuck i have taken his pc home and my next idea is to take out the hard drive and usb it into mine as an extra drive and format it or is there a better solucion ? any help please from inthemix1010 cheers. by the way the pc is a dell running windows xp which i installed from a format before.
Related:

2 responses

3839 Posts 10 Registration date Friday March 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2009 3
Mar 10, 2009 at 01:33 AM
try to repair your windows using the cd...
inthemix1010 Posts 2 Registration date Monday March 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2009
Mar 10, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Yes i have put the cd (windows xp) into the drive but the same screen and as i said i can not get into the bios to change the boot menu.
ghostzone Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday March 10, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2009
Mar 12, 2009 at 03:30 PM
Hi,
Try getting in by a secret admin account. when u get the user screen for password. Press Ctrl+Alt+del twice. Now, u'll find a dialog box. Type Administrator on account name and u'll be able to login the system. Good Luck
thanks for the tip but still the same , the pc boots to a black screen asking for a password. I have formatted the hard drive still the same changed the battery after leaving the old one out for 2 hours but still the same screen. even booted the pc with no hard drive 1 less ram chip and no usb´s at all plugged inc keyboard and mouse and the same screen came up password so i´m very stuck as there seems no way into the bios to flash that as the pc won´t boot from a cd rom drive. it´s a dell DM 5110.