Computer reboots when disc is in dvd drive

Closed
lynx213 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 11, 2009 - Mar 11, 2009 at 10:28 PM
 lynx213 - Mar 12, 2009 at 08:58 AM
Hello,
I just recently built my own system about 1 month ago, was working flawlessly. Then one day it wouldnt boot to windows. I inserted the windows disc to do a fresh install thinking windows might be corrupted. I got as far as deleting the partioned disc space windows was on and it rebooted and keeps rebooting with the disc in the dvd player. When I take the disc out it stay at the bios screen for aboutt 3 minutes and reboots again. I cannot get to windows for there is no longer a copy of windows on the drive. I how ever can get into my bios and there is no hard drive detected just the dvd rom. No temps for anything posted in the bios as well as no volts for anything in the bios. It is A SATA HD and all the cable are pluged in properly. My power suppy is working properly as well. Any ideas on what might be wrong or a solution??
Related:

1 response

epsiman Posts 306 Registration date Tuesday November 18, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2010 162
Mar 12, 2009 at 04:34 AM
The only solution i can propose is that you reformat your pc....
It wont even go to my desktop all I get is to the bios options page and hit f10 to boot from dvd rom and then the disc spins and it reboots. I have no floppy drive either. I know its not the dvd rom that is at fault here cause I tried another one and it still does the same thing.