Error installing Symantec Antivirus ver 10.

Closed
misasia Posts 18 Registration date Sunday August 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 27, 2009 - Mar 12, 2009 at 02:59 AM
 KidAce - Dec 21, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Hello,
Hi all,

I try to install a Symantec Antivirus ver 10 remotely from my server to one of my user (client) who using window XP. But at my user's pc there was an error prompt out show that

"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Window XP. This software will not be installed. Contact your system administrator."

I go to...... My Computer -> properties -> Hardware tab -> Driver Signing -> (Check) Ignore -> Ok
Then I restart user's pc and I try to install Symantec again but still came out same error.
Does anyone encounter this error before. Please advice me... Please Please...
Thank you very much in advance...
Related:

3 responses

misasia Posts 18 Registration date Sunday August 24, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 27, 2009 8
Mar 12, 2009 at 08:22 PM
Thanks for your suggestion.
I think this anti-virus is ok and updated because I installed it remotely to many other pc and all no problem at all.
Only this pc facing this problem. Could it be because of window update? This pc is Window XP version 2002 Service pack 1. Do I need to update to SP2? Or got any way to disable the window logo testing permenant or temporary?
Please give me some suggestion...
Thanks.
you60 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2009 8
Mar 12, 2009 at 09:10 AM
why don't you try another anti-virus. May be the version you have is corrupted
I don't know if you've resolved the issue (seeing as there's no further post on it), but I've encountered this issue in the past and came to find out that I was installing the 32-bit version of the Antivirus on my 64-bit OS.

Installing the correct Bit version on the matching Bit os version will resolve it.

Good luck.