Itunes registry settings missing

Solved/Closed
ekb7 - Mar 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM
 Nitwit13 - Mar 25, 2018 at 07:21 AM
Hello,
I downloaded the most recent Itunes onto my inspiron 1525 laptop with windows vista. When I do so shortly after using it a message comes up saying that the registry settings on Itunes is missing. I have tried re-installing Itunes and installing GEAR drivers. Both have worked, but only for a very short amount of time. Each time I do this I then have to delete my lower and upper filters on my computer because the CD/DVD drive won't show up. It just keeps going into this back and forth cycle and I don't know how to fix it. Please help! Thanks!
Related:

23 responses

My HP laptop has done the same thing since I got it. went thru the filter delete and everything else and like yours it cycle...IE6 is vulnerable...IE7..saved me from IE8 whIch frankly was like watching grass grow if it loaded at all and now the 7 is doing the same thing... won't load.. slow as crap.... Solution? MICROSOFT FIX YOUR CRAP! and stop loading up my computer with your updates just make the sh_t right to begin with since you have all that money MAC! which has no registry and comes on imediately when fired up.
I found that if you simply restart your computer right after reinstalling all components of i tunes the optical drive and I tunes work perfectly including burning cd's and everything else for good. Just make sure when you uninstall I tunes you uninstall everything including quick time, bonjour, apple update and support, and anything having to do with apple and or I tunes. This works even if you have deleted your upper and lower filters.
Xheni