To download it instead (it's really the same file either way). Install it, if it successfully installs then, try starting the game again. If it works I was right, if it doesn't well you're on your own.
Last resort suggestions (ONLY to be tried after my 1st recommendation!):
1) Uninstall the game, restart computer then reinstall game
2) Install the latest DRIVERS for your Motherboard and Graphic Card or Chipset and install the latest WINDOWS 7 updates!
3) Get the PATCH for the game version 1.3, install BEFORE opening the game only! NOTE: The patch replaces the original speed.exe file with version 1.3 and ADDS a few more files.
4) If using a CRACK: copy it to installation folder and OVERWRITE the original.
NOTE: The crack must be ONLY be VERSION 1.3.
5) Open the game one last time and pray that it works...
NOTE: If it still refuses to open the SWITCH the compatibility to XP SP2 or 3 it should work with these setting.
If problems persist then DOWNGRADE operating system to XP (SP2 or 3) Vista (any SP) or WAIT for windows 7 SP1 to be released.
I just used alcohol 120 to make an image of the first disc on my HD, mounted it. Then opened the folder I copied it to (EX. NFSMW ect). Open the folder "Autorun". Open the file Autorun.cfg in your favorite text editor (Notepad++ ftw).
Look for DirectXVersion=9.0c and change it to DirectXVersion=0
save it, then run Autorun.exe located the main folder you copied your files to (NFSMW).
Dude for running Need For Speed in win 7 Op system you need to install a patch. try googling for the patch.
well this is the link of the patch if it works but its for 32-bit processors.