Excel conditional formatting
Closed
MJIMS
Posts
4
Registration date
Tuesday 4 November 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
5 November 2014
-
4 Nov 2014 à 20:32
Mazzaropi Posts 1983 Registration date Monday 16 August 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 24 May 2023 - 6 Nov 2014 à 06:55
Mazzaropi Posts 1983 Registration date Monday 16 August 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 24 May 2023 - 6 Nov 2014 à 06:55
Related:
- Mjims
- Excel clear formatting - Guide
- Excel conditional formatting based on date - Guide
- Excel mod apk for pc - Download - Spreadsheets
- How to change date format in excel - Guide
- Kernel for excel repair - Download - Backup and recovery
7 responses
venkat1926
Posts
1863
Registration date
Sunday 14 June 2009
Status
Contributor
Last seen
7 August 2021
811
5 Nov 2014 à 02:05
5 Nov 2014 à 02:05
"example: I want to make A2 = 5 if A1 <40.
Reply"
in A2 type this formula
=if(a1<40,5,"")
Reply"
in A2 type this formula
=if(a1<40,5,"")
MJIMS
Posts
4
Registration date
Tuesday 4 November 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
5 November 2014
5 Nov 2014 à 12:39
5 Nov 2014 à 12:39
that works great! thanks! how can I make A2 =4 if A1 is between a range of 40-45?
Mazzaropi
Posts
1983
Registration date
Monday 16 August 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
24 May 2023
147
5 Nov 2014 à 12:48
5 Nov 2014 à 12:48
MJIMS, Good afternoon.
"...how can I make A2 =4 if A1 is between a range of 40-45?..."
Try to use it:
A2 --> =IF(AND(A1>=40,A1<=45),4,"")
Is it what you want?
I hope it helps.
"...how can I make A2 =4 if A1 is between a range of 40-45?..."
Try to use it:
A2 --> =IF(AND(A1>=40,A1<=45),4,"")
Is it what you want?
I hope it helps.
MJIMS
Posts
4
Registration date
Tuesday 4 November 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
5 November 2014
5 Nov 2014 à 16:40
5 Nov 2014 à 16:40
wonderful. works like a charm.......now can I combine the 2 into 1 cell?
=if(a1<40,5,"")
and....
=IF(AND(A1>=40,A1<=45),4,"")
together?
=if(a1<40,5,"")
and....
=IF(AND(A1>=40,A1<=45),4,"")
together?
Mazzaropi
Posts
1983
Registration date
Monday 16 August 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
24 May 2023
147
5 Nov 2014 à 18:35
5 Nov 2014 à 18:35
MJIMS, Good evening.
Try to use it:
A2 --> =IF(A1<40,5,IF(A1<=45,4,""))
Is it what you want?
I hope it helps.
--
Belo Horizonte, Brasil.
Marcílio Lobão
Try to use it:
A2 --> =IF(A1<40,5,IF(A1<=45,4,""))
Is it what you want?
I hope it helps.
--
Belo Horizonte, Brasil.
Marcílio Lobão
MJIMS
Posts
4
Registration date
Tuesday 4 November 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
5 November 2014
5 Nov 2014 à 19:53
5 Nov 2014 à 19:53
Wonderful. I added about 5 more expressions but you gave me the start I needed. Thank you.
Mazzaropi
Posts
1983
Registration date
Monday 16 August 2010
Status
Contributor
Last seen
24 May 2023
147
6 Nov 2014 à 06:55
6 Nov 2014 à 06:55
MJIMS, Good morning.
If you have a sequence of intervals to search for, maybe it's better to create a table and use a VLOOKUP function to do the job.
It's a very efficient tool for this kind of work.
If you have a sequence of intervals to search for, maybe it's better to create a table and use a VLOOKUP function to do the job.
It's a very efficient tool for this kind of work.