How to use a condition on a worksheet to copy a line from same

Closed
Bill - Nov 5, 2014 at 07:10 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Nov 6, 2014 at 05:56 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use an input value on one worksheet to copy a line from one worksheet to another worksheet. Specifically- I'd like to copy a row of a worksheet when a specific cell on same row has a value of "Y". I'd like the spreadsheet to copy the entire row to become a line in another worksheet when this value is input. Is this possible? If so, how?

Cheers

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 6, 2014 at 05:56 PM
Hello Bill,

Try the following code. I think its what you may be after. I'm assuming that Column A is where you'll be entering the "Y" value.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Dim Rng As Range
Set Rng = Range("A1", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0))
With Rng
.AutoFilter , field:=1, Criteria1:="Y"
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
.AutoFilter
End With
End Sub

You will need to change the name "Sheet2" to exactly whatever your tab name is.
Right click on the tab name (Sheet1) and then click on "view code". Then, in the big white field, paste the above code. Once you enter "Y" in a row of Column A of Sheet1, your entire row entries from Sheet1 should then be copied to Sheet2.
If there are no "Y" values in any row in Column A, then nothing will be copied to Sheet2.

I hope this helps you out.

Cheers,
vcoolio