How to copy a data from one sheet to another, when specific criteria is met

Closed
TomasSurvilas Posts 7 Registration date Monday May 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2019 - May 6, 2019 at 08:47 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Jun 4, 2019 at 12:06 PM
Hello,
If, for instance, the criteria changes in column "C" - it gets higher number, how to transfer the row data to other sheet2, copying the row data.
For example - originally it was 0 in column "C" of row 22, then it has changed to 1 in the same row 22 of column "C". Then I need all the data in row 22 to be copied to other sheet - sheet2.
Data, in sheet2, should be copied in a row so when another row in sheet1 of column "C" would have change, data has to be copied into sheet2 in addition to data already have been transferred (down to another row after the data already copied).

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 73.0.3683.103
Related:

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM
Hi Tomas,

Here you go:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Columns("C"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Rows(Target.Row).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, -2)
End Sub

To implement the code:
- Hit Alt+F11 to open the VBA window
- Find Sheet1 on the left side and double-click it
- Paste the code in the big white field
- The VBA window can now be closed

Best regards,
Trowa
TomasSurvilas Posts 7 Registration date Monday May 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2019
May 17, 2019 at 03:34 AM
Hi Trowa,
Many thanks for your support, it works well, but as I'm not that professional as you are, have additional question. When I'm trying to change the column to lets say "G", instead of "C", it returns with an error: "you can't paste this here because the Copy area and the paste area aren't the same size". Any clue on this please?
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 20, 2019 at 11:28 AM
Hi Tomas,

That is because you can only paste an entire row in the first column. Otherwise Excel runs out of columns to paste the data in.

Since I didn't know which columns contain data, I used column C, which contains data for sure, to determine the last row used on Sheet2. Then used Offset to paste 2 columns to the left to end up in column A.

When column C always contain data you can leave the 3rd code line alone and just change the C into G on the 2nd code line.

When you change the C into a G on the 3rd code line, you also have to change the Offset value from (1,-2) into (1,-6), meaning 1 cell down and 6 to the left.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Best regards,
Trowa
TomasSurvilas Posts 7 Registration date Monday May 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2019
May 28, 2019 at 07:15 AM
Hi Trowa,
Many thanks for the support, now it is clear, tested and works, brilliant.
Can I ask you for another advice - what is the way the copied row would appear with a date indication (date would appear in the same copied row, separate column). Like we have a row "1/2/3/4" and copied row would now have a date in it "1/"date"/2/3/4".

many thanks for support.