Uninstalling HP software

Closed
cattrax - Mar 15, 2009 at 06:53 AM
 cattrax - Mar 16, 2009 at 06:59 AM
Hello,
I have a wireless HP Photosmart 3300 all-in-one printer. I love the printer but every time I start up my laptop (Toshiba), the installer tries to install the photogallery which I do not want. I have Corel's graphics programs and use them for all photos. I have another laptop (Acer) and when I installed my printer, I did not use the disk or install any software. I let the laptop find the printer. I still use my Toshiba (running XP) for certain things but I hate booting it up because I have to keep cancelling this install using the task manager. I have tried uninstalling the software to no avail. Using the Windows Add/remove programs does not work. I click on change/remove and nothing happens. Every other program can be added or remove in that function so I know it is not Windows. If I can't find a way to get this software out of my laptop, I will have to wipe the hard drive. I don't want to do that if I don't have to. Anyone have a solution?
Related:

1 response

kathcat Posts 27 Registration date Tuesday October 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2009 2
Mar 16, 2009 at 06:45 AM
hi,
try to uninstall the software by firstly installing it from the cd you got with the printer.
after the installation, try to uninstall it.
then it should uninstall properly.
or you may use the Revouninstaller software to remove the program.
try this link to download it:
www.revouninstaller.com/
Hi.
Thanks for your suggestion. I finally did succeed in removing the software but I had to use a separate uninstaller program. It took uninstalls of at least 4 programs which were not visible without the uninstaller program and not detected by Windows. I would recommend that anyone who buys an HP printer not install the software if they have a photo handling program they like. I was using Corel Photo Paint. Thanks again for your help.