Automatically moving rows from sheet 1 to sheet 2

Closed
spreadlove1 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2014 - Nov 25, 2014 at 02:03 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Nov 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
My document has several sheets, but what I'd like to do is create a VBA to automatically move a row to sheet 1 from sheet 2 when I have selected 'Active' vs 'Inactive'

Meaning, if in column H I have created a data validation list, when I select Inactive from the dropdown, it will automatically move the whole row to sheet 2 specified row at the end of the 'inactive' list.

I'm trying to do it for work and don't know how to pull it off. Thanks
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Hello spreadlove,

If I have understood your post correctly, then I think that the following sample may help you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18aey1labrnrb9p/Spreadlove.xlsm?dl=0

There is a slight contradiction in your post:-

The first paragraph of your post says that you want to copy data from sheet2 to sheet1 but the second paragraph says from sheet1 to sheet2.

Anyway, the sample is based on moving data from sheet1 to sheet2. Column H is the criteria column with simple drop downs ("Active", "Inactive"). Once you have chosen, click on the button to transfer the data.

The code prevents duplication in sheet2 as I assumed that you would not want a clutter of repeat entries.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
vcoolio.