November 29, 2014
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
-
I installed deep freeze 6.0 on my PC. To uninstall the software I first Selected "Boot thawed" and clicked OK and reboot my PC. Then I killed the process and instate of uninstalling it I manually deleted all the files associated with it. On the next reboot the deep freeze icon no longer shown in the icon tray. but every time I restart my PC, it goes back to the previous state, and all the changes I made does not applied on the next restart. now I can't neither find the icon nor uninstall it. I tried the BIOS clock setup process and forward the clock 1 month , but nothing happened :( I also deleted the keys from the REG EDIT(LOCAL MACHINE), But it also did not work. I tried to install a new version of it to uninstall it in the right way, but it gave me a message "Deep Freeze Standard must be disabled before any Install/Uninstall can proceed." What should I do? If I format C drive and again boot my PC to give setup windows 7, will it work?
Related:

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Registration date
Thursday November 27, 2014
Status
Last seen
November 29, 2014

Thanks for your reply. For your kind information I have this type of uninstaller called "iobit uninstaller" & I used this software to uninstall deep freeze but it only wiped out the associated files of deep freeze & I had to do this by forced uninstall because there was no software named "deep freeze" I am eager to know if revo uninstaller can perform the operation which was(deep freeze) deleted earlier?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Try it and let me know.

P.S. If you lock some files, they may remain locked.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 29, 2014
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020

Its a good uninstaller indeed but it can not find any file named deep freeze .exe in its uninstaller list as I deleted all the associated files of deep freeze earlier. sorry, it did not work for me.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 29, 2014
>
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020

i also did mail to Faronics Support team and they told me to re install windows which I don't want to do. Is there any other options left rather than re install windows. for your kind info I copy the whole mail below:

Dear Mueid,

Thank you for contacting Faronics Technical Support. Unfortunately, there is nothing we will be able to do for you in this situation. By killing the process and deleting the file and registry keys you have made it so the program is no longer functional and will stay in a Frozen state We would not be able uninstall Deep Freeze in this situation. The proper method would have been to use the Deep Freeze install file to uninstall the program once it's in a Thawed state.

In order to resolve this issue, we recommend you back up all your data, re-format the drive and re-install Windows. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Technical Support
Faronics Technologies, Inc.
Tel: 800-943-6422
Fax: 800-943-6488

Simplifying Computer Management
www.faronics.com
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
15,335 >
Registration date
Status
Last seen
November 29, 2014

As I mentioned we could delete every possible Deep Freeze entries from the computer but the files you locked will remain locked. That I knew and forwarned you.

Also Deep Freeze cannot be erased from the registry's Legacy section.