Video controller driver Ecs RC410-M LGA775 Asterope [Solved/Closed]

aindia54 - Dec 4, 2014 at 01:55 PM - Latest reply:  aindia54
- Dec 8, 2014 at 04:15 AM
Hello,

I have the correct drivers but when intalliation says. Install a universal video controller at 1st.
Where do I get it?
See more 

9 replies

xpcman 19321 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus September 23, 2018 Last seen - Dec 4, 2014 at 02:49 PM
Thank you
Windows should have installed the default VGA drivers that any video chip can use.

Are you using Linux?

You can try the AMD site for "Radeon X300 based graphics"

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Good Luck
I have the driver installed manually and then executed setup and get back a message on screen ATI Display Driver "INF error Video driver not found." Setup is unable to complete the installation. Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup.

I do not know what else I can do.
aindia54 > aindia54 - Dec 7, 2014 at 02:23 AM
I read on other sites that many have this problem. Device Manager must have the generic VGA drivers installed for the video, BEFORE you install the ATI display drivers but no one knows where these generic VGA driver is found.
xpcman 19321 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus September 23, 2018 Last seen - Dec 7, 2014 at 01:04 PM
This message "Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing" can be safely be ignored. This is Microsoft's way to make the video cards vendor pay a fee to Microsoft.
aindia54 > xpcman 19321 Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration dateModeratorStatus September 23, 2018 Last seen - Dec 8, 2014 at 04:11 AM
Thanks for the hint . DirectX 8 or higher must install too. The problem with the standard VGA driver I solved with the Hardware Update Wizard with this option. Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. " Don't search. I will choose the driver to install. > Disk ... > Browse ... The file from your link with " 7zip " unpack before. The INF file in folder $ _OUTDIR > Driver> XP_INF. In my case file CX_95952. Reboot and install the file from your link. It works now.
Problem solved. Thank you.