Dell Inspiron HDMI to TV display

Closed
sallies Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2014 - Dec 6, 2014 at 03:41 PM
 Sallie - Dec 7, 2014 at 09:33 PM
Howdy all!

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R Notebook with windows 8 and I have been trying to connect to my TV to view on the big screen. I right click on the desktop, select "personalize", click on "display" then select "project to second screen" but when I select "duplicate" it won't. The "PC screen only" is selected and I cannot figure out how to un-select it or get the "duplicate" selection to apply. When I click on "duplicate" nothing happens.

I also looked at sharing info on my network to include the TV but can't figure that out, if that is even the issue.

Any thoughts??

Much appreciated!!!!

Sallie

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 7, 2014 at 02:00 PM
Did you connect to the TV and have the TV ready to get the signal for the laptop? I sounds like the PC doesn't sense that there is anothe device connected.

Good Luck
Yes, I did. After playing with the resolution I was able to get an image from my list of screen saver images to display on the TV (though not the one on my computer screen). So perhaps fiddling with that more should help. What exactly is the recommended resolution for each the PC and the TV when connecting them with HDMI cable?? Maybe that will help.

Thanks, Sallie