Reset dell inspiron 5755

Closed
Rsmithlights Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 18, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2020 - Dec 18, 2020 at 08:37 PM
 Jane_6801 - Jan 4, 2021 at 08:35 PM
I have done the reset but it keeps getting to windows welcome s screen and reboots. Could anyone please help me get past this. Ii can open a pre boot system assessment page and everything passes. I am not sure what to do to get past this point. I would appreciate any assistance before I have to take it to the computer shop. My industry (entertainment) has been shut down for 9 months and money is tight. Thank you

Randy Smith
Related:

3 responses

jerry_maguire Posts 11 Registration date Monday December 21, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 23, 2020 2
Updated on Dec 24, 2020 at 10:12 AM
Option 1:
Reboot the computer.
When you see the Dell logo during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
On the System Setup screen, press the <Right Arrow> key to move to the Exit menu.
Press the <Down Arrow> key until Restore Defaults is highlighted, and press the <Enter> key.
Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Option 2:
Reboot the computer.
When you see the Dell logo during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
On the System Setup screen, press the <F9> key.
Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Regards,
Jerry
lewisbert103 Posts 12 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2020 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2020 5
Dec 24, 2020 at 08:08 AM
To reset your computer to the Dell factory image as it was originally shipped, including Dell factory-installed apps and software, follow these steps:

These steps does not apply for devices that are shipped with less than 2 GB of memory and/or less than 32 GB of storage.

SLN297920_en_US__2icon This process formats the hard drive and removes all data. Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
Click Start SLN297920_en_US__1WinKey, then type "reset."

Select Reset this PC (System Setting).

Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.

At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.

Select Factory Image Restore.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process. This takes some time and your computer will restart.

Let me know if this works for you or not!
Regards,
Lewis Bert
It didn't about 6 hours reseting and now when restarts it will say DELL, then the blue windows logo and then welcome under that for a few seconds then will freeze and restart.
A hard reset fix most of the problems:

1. Turn off your Dell laptop. Remove the AC adapter or power cord and take out the battery.
2. Disconnect all the external devices like USB drive, printer cables or CD/DVD, etc.
3. Press the power button for about 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.
4. Connect the AC adapter or power cord and the battery, and then see if your Dell PC is to boot into the operating system.

If the problem still exists, please boot into recovery environment to reset Dell to factory settings.

1.press F8/F12 continuously while computer starting until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Click Troubleshoot in WinRE mode.
3. Select Reset this PC.