Will not turn on

Closed
gmgenova Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 8, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 8, 2014 - Dec 8, 2014 at 06:23 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 8, 2014 at 06:26 PM
My son has an Asus K55N laptop. It is only about 1 year old. It has Windows 8 on it. It has been working fine until the other day. When you push in the power button, the light on the power button and 3 lights on the front of the laptop come on for about a second and then go back off. Nothing appears on the screen. I have already tried removing the battery and unplugging it and then holding the power button in for a minute and then putting everything back in and turning it on. This did not work. I will also mention that it behaves the same with the battery in it as it does without the battery in it. I even took both memory sticks out and re-seated them but that did not work.

I am guessing it is something with the motherboard but I am not sure. I checked both small ribbon connections going to the motherboard and they are tight. Any suggestions??

Thank you.

Nick

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 8, 2014 at 06:26 PM
I agree, it's probably a hardware error caused by a problem with the motherboard. MB replacement might cost more than buying a NEW laptop.

Good Luck