HP v225w Flashdrive problem

Closed
dorkys_girl Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 4, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2014 - Dec 9, 2014 at 01:55 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 9, 2014 at 09:48 AM
Hi there, I have read your posts on assisting others with their IT problems, and I was hoping you could help me with my dilemma on my flash drive and probably assist me on a solution as you seem very knowledgable. The problem occurs when the Flash drive is inserted in USB, PC is able to detect it but cannot access the flash drive and cannot format it as well. In disk management, the removable drive is detected but it displays "no media". In device properties, the status reflects "this device is working properly". Kindly see attached photo. We have tried this in windows XP, windows 7, and windows 8 and all cannot access. It somehow seems like the PC is detecting the flash drive as a reader because it is asking to "insert media" when inside data recovery softwares. Last weekend, I used ufix and was finally able to fix the problem of the usb. However, the software also formatted the flash drive. What are my best options to recover the data? Our bottom line right now is how to recover the data in the flash drive? We are hopeful you can be of help! thank you!

The model number of the product (incase necessary) is v225w - Metal Design 16GB Flash Drive. Our Operating System:
Processor - Inter (R) Core (TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) - 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows Edition: Windows 8.1 Pro

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 9, 2014 at 09:48 AM
Hey dorkys_girl. Kudos on the USB flash drive fix. :)
As for the data on it, I'm afraid you have to put all your hopes on data recovery software. You can try some of the solutions from this thread: https://www.tomshardware.com/

Good luck with your data. Cheers.
Boogieman_WD