My micro sd card is not detected by laptop

Closed
zfnadia - Dec 9, 2014 at 01:31 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 9, 2014 at 01:43 PM
i just bought a Samsung 8 GB micro SD card for my phone.when I tried to copy files to the card from laptop,it was really slow and after a time the process just stopped in the middle.

then I removed the card and tried to open the half completed files but it won't open.then when I tried to format it,it won't format.there is a message in the screen saying "windows was unable to complete the formatting".I've tried a couple of times more but the same message kept appearing.

now when I tried to open the card from a different laptop it is not being detected.but if I use it from my phone,it says 'the SD card is damaged.you should reformat it '. but when I tried to reformat it from the phone nothing happened..please help!!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 9, 2014 at 01:43 PM
looks like you have damaged the card in some way. Perhaps the adapter you used for the PC is at fault.

Good Luck