My Kingston DataTravelerSE9 isn't working!

Closed
Laiyah Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2014 - Dec 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Dec 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I just bought it the other day and when I plugged it in for the first time a pop up] immediately appeared asking me to format the drive. But when I try to, it shows that the disk is write protected. I've tried clearing it from cmd. and regedit but, it's not working. When I go to properties it shows capacity, used space and free space as 0 bytes even though it is a 32gb flash drive. All volumes contained on disk are also blank though I've tried to populate them several times as administrator. Can someone please help? I have no idea what to do now
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Dec 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Hey Laiyah. One of those methods should've fixed the issue. Perhaps you got your flash drive dead on arrival. You could still try opening Disk Management to see if you can delete the partition from there and then create a new one and format it.
If this doesn't work, I'd recommend that you ask for a replacement.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD