Outllook express folders not showing .dbx file extension.

Closed
robertadams Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2015 - Dec 27, 2014 at 02:51 AM
BrittonSutton Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2015 - Dec 28, 2014 at 04:27 AM
I'm concerned my Outlook Express folder is becoming corrupt. I don't want to lose my emails or wait till it totally crashes before I do something about it. When I click on View--show details, the file extension .dbx is missing. I've never seen this before. How can I get it back, and if not, how can I repair OE? Urgent question, so I'm awarding 500 points.
Related:

1 response

BrittonSutton Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 1, 2015 1
Dec 28, 2014 at 04:27 AM
To repair Outlook Express, unistall and reinstall Outlook Express.

For the missing dbx extension, go to any folder. Click on Tools > Options > View. Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

Or:
The user of the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook Express tool can recover mail messages from *.dbx files in the batch mode. If you recover messages in the Batch mode, messages are extracted from *.dbx files one by one and immediately saved to the hard drive. Batch message recovery can be used to recover correspondence from a large number of corrupted *.dbx files simultaneously. The Batch Mode will allows you to considerably save time and effort spent on organizing the process of recovering messages from corrupted *.dbx files.

For more information: https://outlookexpress.recoverytoolbox.com/repair-outlook-express-batch/