January 9, 2015
-
Registration date
Wednesday January 14, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 16, 2015
-
Hello, I have been reading some posts about you to repair a file and it says to use the text converter. I dont see how to use it though. I want to repair this file.

Related:

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday January 14, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 16, 2015
Save the document in a different file format. If you can open the document with your version of Word, saving it in a format such as .rtf (rich-text format) or .txt (ASCII text format) may strip out whatever codes corrupted the file in .doc or .docx format. After opening the converted document, you can then re-save a new version of the document in .doc or .docx format to see if the problem returns.

Be aware that .txt format does not support text-formatting features such as bold, italics, and underline. If your document featured extensive formatting, save it in .rtf format to preserve the formatting before re-saving it in .doc or .docx format.

Note also that some Word documents may be corrupted in such a way that a file saved in a different file format in Word may not be able to be opened again.

If doesn't help, look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/word/comments/2aisx5/how_to_recover_corrupted_word_files/
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!