Can't connect to my modem through wi fi connection

Closed
normandy7 - 16 Jan 2015 à 04:38
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday 17 January 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 30 September 2021 - 17 Jan 2015 à 20:57
Hello,
I've got a really strange problem I can't connect to my modem through wi fi connection and the strange thing is that I got this problem only with my own modem cause I can connect to my friends modems and they can connect to my modem but only my laptop can't connect.
I use Windows 7/ and the laptop is Vostro 1015 dell


Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
16 Jan 2015 à 10:49
So do you make a connection, but it doesn't route traffic? Try setting a network location after making the connection into the router!
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday 17 January 2015 Status Contributor Last seen 30 September 2021 149
17 Jan 2015 à 20:57
My guess is that you have entered the wrong security settings. Try going to "Manage Wireless Networks" in the control panel. Double click on your network and click on the "Security" tab. Now compare the settings with your friends settings and make them the same. Finally reinsert your Network security key. Dont forget the key will be case sensitive.