You can establish a network connection using the cellular network of your mobile device by creating a hotspot. This allows you to access the internet by wirelessly connecting your phone to your PC or tablet or by connecting them with a USB cable. This article will teach you how to use your iPhone's personal hotspot as a modem. The following methods will work for Mac, PC, iPad and Android devices.
How to use iPhone as a hotspot for Mac, for PC, for iPad?
Before beginning, please note that tethering options are available to iPhones running iOS 4.3 or higher. Make sure that your data plan allows internet sharing. Some mobile operators do not support tethering options, and those who do may charge data tethering as an added "extra" on your monthly data plan. To create your mobile hotspot, you must also be in an area with good cellular coverage (4G, 5G or LTE).
To enable tethering, tap on Settings > General > Mobile Data and then toggle it ON.
How to use iPhone as hotspot for PC via USB?
Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable. The iPhone will be recognized as a standard network connection and will automatically establish the connection on Windows computers.
How to use iPhone as a hotspot with bluetooth?
To use your iPhone as a Bluetooth modem, simply activate the Bluetooth option on your computer and on your iPhone. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Bluetooth and toggling the Bluetooth option ON.
You can then pair your iPhone with your computer.
How to use iPhone as hotspot with Wifi?
Enable the WiFi option on your phone. The network configuration tool will allow you to enter the password of your choice. On the computer, head to your wireless network options, and select your iPhone from the list of available networks. Enter the password to establish the connection.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- Use iphone as modem windows 10
- Use iphone as modem
- Iphone modem
- IPhone's Upcoming Windows Keyboard
- How To Find Your iTunes Backup Folder
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth > Guide
- Turn your iPhone into a 3G modem with Handy Light
- Take a screenshot: on Mac, Windows 10, iPhone, PC, Android > Guide
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Apple iOS 15.2: release date, update, beta, devices
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel