You can establish a network connection using the cellular network of your mobile device by creating a hotspot. This allows you to access the internet by wirelessly connecting your phone to your PC or tablet or by connecting them with a USB cable. This article will teach you how to use your iPhone's personal hotspot as a modem. The following methods will work for Mac, PC, iPad and Android devices.
How to use iPhone as a hotspot for Mac, for PC, for iPad?
Before beginning, please note that tethering options are available to iPhones running iOS 4.3 or higher. Make sure that your data plan allows internet sharing. Some mobile operators do not support tethering options, and those who do may charge data tethering as an added "extra" on your monthly data plan. To create your mobile hotspot, you must also be in an area with good cellular coverage (4G, 5G or LTE).
To enable tethering, tap on Settings > General > Mobile Data and then toggle it ON.
How to use iPhone as hotspot for PC via USB?
Connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable. The iPhone will be recognized as a standard network connection and will automatically establish the connection on Windows computers.
How to use iPhone as a hotspot with bluetooth?
To use your iPhone as a Bluetooth modem, simply activate the Bluetooth option on your computer and on your iPhone. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Bluetooth and toggling the Bluetooth option ON.
You can then pair your iPhone with your computer.
How to use iPhone as hotspot with Wifi?
Enable the WiFi option on your phone. The network configuration tool will allow you to enter the password of your choice. On the computer, head to your wireless network options, and select your iPhone from the list of available networks. Enter the password to establish the connection.
- Use iphone as modem windows 10
- Use iphone as modem
- Use iphone as usb modem
- Share pc internet with iphone via usb windows 10 > Guide
- IPhone's Upcoming Windows Keyboard
- How to find your iTunes backup folder > Guide
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software > Guide
- Sync iPhone with PC or Mac: via iTunes, iCloud, Finder > Guide
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Apple iOS 16.1: update, new features, release date
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to connect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- Raise to listen feature on iPhone: not working
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to sync email account on iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- Apple iPhone 14: release date, design, specs, price
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- Apple September event: iPhone 14, Apple Watch, AirPods Pro 2
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone?
- How to unlock a hidden trackpad on your iPhone/iPad?
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- How to turn on flash for notifications on iPhone
- How to turn AirPods into a microphone?
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Apple wallet: to pay, online, in store
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- Apple Watch Series 8: specs, price, availability
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Top iOS 16 hidden features
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- How to transfer photos and videos from iOS device to PC
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- How to delete your Apple ID
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to open and close Safari tabs on iPhone
- How to download music on iPhone with Music Downloader & Player
- App Store subscriptions: how to cancel on iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to save webpage as PDF on iPhone: iOS 14, iOS 12
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- Funny things to ask to Siri
- My computer doesn't recognize iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch