Fixing Your PS3 Network Connection

Solved
Rhino - Sep 2, 2008 at 07:45 PM
 Drdealy - Feb 17, 2019 at 11:07 PM
Hello,
Check it out. If you r constantly getting connection interruptions during game-play then here is what u need to do. If u r using a router (no matter the brand), the problem probably has to do with the router. In order to find out, disconnect your PS from the router and plug it directly into you modem. If your modem is not near your playstation then move it close to the ps3. The modem plugs directly into your cable line so there is a good chance that the television you play your PS3 on has a cable connection. One you have connected your PS to your modem press the reset button on the modem. Turn your PS on and go directly to your network settings. Click on Internet Connection Test (do not bother trying to set up a connection manually, if you do this chances are you will mess something up). If you are getting a connection then you are ready to go. There is a good chance you may never get a connection interruption again. For the time being you will be able to enjoy playing call of duty like you once did. Now u might ask what am I supposed to do with my router? I need it for my laptop, xbox, etc? Just buy a new one. Chances are the one that you have is garbage. It might have worked great at once, but hey, these things happen. I suggest doing your research and find a router that works well with gaming. I hope this works. In summary, it is not your playstation or your internet service provider that is giving you problems... It is your router... connect your PS to your router to test this theory...
Related:

69 responses

Boys and girls I have the solution!!!! After about 6 months of this same problem and searching in countless forums I have now found the answer. I too thought it was a router or ISP provider problem but no......it is a simple setting on the PS3.
  • simply go to media server settings in your PS3 and disable the streaming media servers. I tried this and it worked immediately. no restarting or anything.

Check that PSN is not down, it will save you some time : https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

If down, this page will look red like this:

I promise this works.....goodluck ! I dont know why but it is and I found it here if you want to double check.
awesome dude......it worked first time. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
ummm is the streaming server on the pse I cant find it iam having trouble trying to get onlline with call of duty modenwarfair 2 there finding no matches how can I find matches please help me