Publishing a website

Closed
ndunels Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2015 - Jan 16, 2015 at 08:16 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 19, 2015 at 08:37 AM
How can i publish my website to be viewed locally on my computer. I have installed Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 16, 2015 at 10:39 AM
OK, well you now need to create A NAT in your router.

This is a setting (that if you are getting your router from your ISP, they will not allow this) that translates your ISP IP into a LOCAL IP address that can be routed privately! Simply, it takes the public IP address your Router has on your ISP network into a an IP set that is local to only your computers.

Get into your router and Look for NAT. If you have a setting, then set a translation from your router, to your incoming answered IP on your server. VIOLA!

So if you server answers requests on IP address 192.168.0.200, then administer a NAT entry of 192.168.0.200-Server. Reboot your router.

Now, in order to check it, you will need to know your IP of your router, not the server as the server is on the private network and not displayed on the Internet.

So if you do not have a static IP address, you will constantly be checking for a new IP making this type of solution rather cumbersome for distribution. Once again, get into your router and check you IP address of your router. Put that address into your browser address bar, and it should connect.

Now make ceretain you have some sort of firewall, as there are all kinds of hardware out there, just sniffing at random IP address, on port 80 (standard www traffic port) and this hardware will only respond with connection, making the list available to a human who will then strong-arm your systems! Make 100% you know what you are doing, or you will more than likely have men in black suits show up saying you are responsible for hosting all sorts of Blackhat software and such!

Give it a go, but I am certain your ISP router will not allow a NAT!

"If you would have told me 20 years ago that everyone was going to be a photographer in 20 years, I wouldn't have believed you!"
ndunels Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2015
Jan 19, 2015 at 05:57 AM
Thank you Mark for the answer but pardon me for asking this, Is there a way I can test the website on my computer and redirect it to be viewed by somebody else on the same Local Area Network. How do I go about this?
Blocked Profile
Jan 19, 2015 at 08:33 AM
Yes, that would be an INTRANET.

So, whatever address you have configured your server to answer request on, put that address into your address bar of your favorite browser. Or, you can use the Machine name of the server.

Blocked Profile
Jan 19, 2015 at 08:37 AM
In IIS you can also right click the site and "Browse" and it will load the page.