Internet connection problem through Laptop Network port

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jan 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jan 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Hi All,
at my home, i got internet connection from coaxial to my modem..
i had tried couple time to hug up internet from Modem through Wan port to my laptop network port by RJ-45 but the internet status said not working(yellow sign at the network icon on task bar".
I tried 3 of my laptops, but still problem..

My deep wonder, i switch laptops to desktop by the same way, internet is working fine..
What is the problem? i really wonder so much...
I don't think all my laptops Network port are problem.. all of them are new

Best regards,
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:16 AM
The type of client matters in this case...do you have the NIC pulling an IP address from the modem? Does your desktop have a static IP address? Check on your laptops if you have your network client set to DHCP for IP address, or is it set to Static? If it is static, then change it to dhcp and reboot. If it is set to DHCP, then run IPCONFIG /ALL from CMD prompt to see if you are pulling a valid IP address. A valid IP address can be qualified by checking the first three sets of numbers in your address, they should match the first three sets of numbers from your gateway. If they do not, then you are not pulling a valid IP address. IF they do match, then from the CMD prompt, run PING [whatever your gateway address is]. SO in other words it should look something like: PING 192.168.0.1

See what response you get. Let us know!

VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jan 15, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Hello Dear,
Thanks for your quick reply!
My laptop NIC TCP/IP are obtain or automatically get from DHCP
Desktop too.. i didn't configure of its IP..everything are default..

I will try to follow you command to run on my laptop when i am at home..
It's so hard when i want to get internet to my laptop through network cable but it's not working....
These laptops are working fine to get internet through wifi..
Thanks again