Password correct, but does not start up windows

Closed
Jessy - Feb 6, 2015 at 03:39 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 6, 2015 at 04:44 PM
Hello,

After inserting the password on my laptop, it does not go trough. So the system does not start up.

Is there anyone who could help me?
It is a windows 7 operating system.

Related:

7 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 6, 2015 at 03:44 PM
Hi Jessy,

Are you sure you have the case set properly? Passwords are case sensitive, so "Hello" is seen differently to "hello"

Also, are you using the correct username?

Finally, is this a computer that is normally on a domain/network? If so is the network cable connected?

I really appreciate kudos points as a payment for solving issues :o)
The password is correct!
The message I get is that windows can not be started properly.
After the message it takes me back to the screen where are the users are visible.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 6, 2015 at 03:51 PM
Can it start in safe mode?

And is it a networked PC?
It is not a network PC

Does start in safe mode. After removing password it does give me the same message
The message I get is that windows can not be started properly.
After the message it takes me back to the screen where are the users are visible.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 6, 2015 at 04:02 PM
Ok, at least we can work with it a bit rather than getting in using other tricks.

In Safe Mode go to the command prompt (Start --> type "cmd" (no quotes) in the search box).
At the top should be the command prompt link. ... RIGHT click on it, and choose "Run as Administrator"
After a short time the comand prompt will open with a flashing curser. Type "sfc /scannow" (no quotes) and hit the [Enter] key.
It will run a scan for some time and hopefully repair any bad system files.

Hopefully after that its fixed. restart back in normal mode and try again.

(And - is it a networked laptop?)

Good luck.

I really appreciate kudos points as a payment for solving issues :o)
Many thanks for the tip!
I am working on it. As soon it is done, I will let you know!

Again. No, it is not a network laptop!
Feb 6, 2015 at 04:20 PM
oops - missed it :^( - Just wanted to be sure that it wasnt a network issue ...

Also I forgot to highlight that there is a space between "sfc" and "/scannow", but I guess you got that or you would have been back by now!.

and ...*whisper* ... i wonder if its a networked machine? .........
The problem has not been fixed.

The message I am getting is "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile can not be loaded"

Maybe the message could provide more information
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 6, 2015 at 04:44 PM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove that you are the legitimate owner. . Everyday computers are stolen, although you may be honest, we do not wish to help potential criminals.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords

Best regards