Activating audio drivers

Closed
craig - Feb 21, 2015 at 06:51 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Hello,
have a problem. No sound. Tried basic troubleshootin though something keeps disabling my drive

Related:

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 21, 2015 at 09:30 PM
Hi Craig,

Try this:

Open Device Manager
Fund and uninstall your sound drivers (dont remove drivers from your system)
Reboot. (It might take some time for drivers to install again, but they will be found and installed automatically.)

Let me know how you get on.
This has been a problem for some time and this won't solve the problem. My main driver seems to be failing to fully initiate and I have downloaded other drivers and these all conflict something. My computer doesn't seem to recognize output sound device and while trying to solve this I temporarily lost my input audio.
I will register as a member if the problem is solved.
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150 > craig
Feb 22, 2015 at 11:18 AM
One simple thing to check is weather the sound is muted or the volume turned down. Im sure it isnt, but I have to ask.

Do you know what your sound card is? You might try downloading the correct driver from the manufacturer. Is it in a laptop machine? If so what is the make and model?

When in Device Manager is there an exclamation mark on the icon of the sound card? Are there any Unknown Devices?

To install Windows updated drivers you could try going to the device manager and in the properties of your device click on the DRIVERS tab. When there click on the "Update Drivers" button.

While you are in this box, click on the "Details" tab and in the "Property" drop down box choose "Hardware IDs". Make a note of the first line that appears in the "Value" box. If the above hasnt fixed this issue then post the hardware ID here.