Acpi bios error

Solved/Closed
Sunny - Mar 9, 2015 at 09:26 PM
 m00n - Apr 14, 2015 at 05:49 PM
Hello,
After updating windows 8 to 8.1 Samsung laptop showing "samsung logo, windows logo,then, your Pc ran into problem and needs to restart.we are collecting some error info. And we'll restart for you. You can search online for bios, avoid error."
Cycle goes on again and again.

Help appreciated in advance.

Regards

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Mar 10, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Hello sunny,

1. When did you get the error message?
2. Do you have a Windows 8 installation DVD?
3. Did you check by restarting the computer using the power button?
4. What is the make and model of the computer?

I would suggest you to restart the computer using the power button and check if it helps to computer to run normally. If the issue still persists, refer to these methods in the order in which they are presented and check

Method 1:
I would suggest you to perform Automatic repair on the computer using Windows 8 installation DVD.
If you do not have a Windows 8 DVD, I would suggest you to refer to the link ot create a Windows 8 installation media:
"How to create installation media for a PC refresh or reset"
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d
Boot to Recovery Environment with Windows 8 installation media.
Please follow the steps given below. Insert the Windows 8 installation DVD in the DVD ROM and restart your computer.
a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
f) Click Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.
g) Next, choose the operating system.
h) Windows 8 will then look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Method 2:
Perform System Restore from Advanced Options screen if you Automatic repair does not help.
Follow the steps:
a) After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
f) Select System Restore.

Hope this information is helpful.
System sticks 2 weeks back. Nothing shown after Samsung logo,windows logo, error description lines showing Bios ACPI error. Tried everything. Nothing worked.
the solution(s) that actually works

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/windows-81-upgrade-from-80-on-samsung-series-9/1368e2d9-ac7f-4e88-b641-f6c1ceef875c

the 1st on the top didnt do the trick but the last on the page made my day!