VBA Copying and Pasting Loop with If Then

Closed
GammaKappaTau Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 15, 2015 - Mar 15, 2015 at 12:50 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Mar 16, 2015 at 01:48 AM
Hi forum, I am really new to VBA for Excel.

I wanted to create a macro far beyond my skill and hit a brick wall.

I really wish I can attach a sample Excel file - so you can see where I got stuck, but here's what I got;

There's a list (Sheet 1) of stores with grades (A/B/C) and zone types (H/C/T) - [Name of stores] in column A, [grades] in column B and [zone type] in column C.

And there's Pack list (Sheet 2) - [zone types] in column A, [PO#] in column B and [grades] in row 1 and [number of packs] in row 2.

Basically for each PO#, there's different [number of pack] for each [grade]

I hope this wasn't too confusing.

What I need macro to do is;

For each PO# I need to create a new file and copy and paste the [name of stores] to column A and repeat that for [number of packs] for [store grade]

For example if PO#1234 has instruction of 3 packs for A grade stores / 1 pack for B grade stores / 0 pack for C grade stores;

I need to copy the name of A grade stores 3 times then name of B grade stores 1 time in column A and save the file as PO#

[zone type] is just another layer to store grade, some PO# exclude stores in certain [zone type].

I've tried to this a piece by piece;

I can make it create a new file for each PO#s and save them as PO# in a designated folder,

I can make macro to loop IF THEN to test store grade and repeat copy and paste by [number of packs] amount, but got stuck at the point when it goes over to next grade - they just copy&paste over the A grade list not under them....

I'm sorry if there are already similar questions on the forum, but I couldn't find anything similar enough to my problems and I'm certainly not good enough to gather different answers and modify them to solve my own issue.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Mar 16, 2015 at 01:48 AM
upload a small extract of your data sheet to SPEEDYSAHRE.COM and give the url for downloading. AGAIN EXPLAIN YOUR PROBLEM WITH RESPECT TO THE DATA SHEET.