HELP AFTER IE8

Closed
lala - Mar 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM
 djmk - Aug 10, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Hello, ok so my problem is i saw on the internet on yahoo that it recommended ie8 (internet explorer 8) and so i started to intstall it but i canceled then i saw that it said safer and stuff like that so i completed the installation and then it said restart my computer so i did.. when i did i started clicking on the internet and it would not come up for anything so i restarted my computer again and it still will not come up i tried everything that i could i tried rebooting my computer but i didnt know what the reboot menu was talking about.. so my mom told me to give it rest because im always on the internet from teh time i wake up until the time i go to sleep unless i go to school but i remind you that it was working perfectly before i downloaded ie8 then after i restarted my computer my internet would come upn at all i tried waiting and watching tv and come back to the compute to see if it had come up but it still hasnt im so destroyed and bored now what do i do???????!!! PLEASE HELP

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Mar 22, 2009 at 09:49 PM
You can uninstall IE8 - go to Control Panel - Uninstall. You will need to reboot after the uninstall. Good Luck
thank you much you have protected me from a problem and give me a very useful knowledge.
Bumble View Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 6, 2009 1
Jun 6, 2009 at 03:46 AM
See my post "Rogue IE8 hijacked PC" in virus forum. Sound familiar?
If IE does not respond, try the below steps.

1. Uninstall Antivirus
2. Uninstall IE8 update
3. Reboot your PC
4. Test IE now
5. Upgrade to IE8 and test again
6. Install Antivirus again.

After spending a whole day on fixing the issue, i followed the above steps to fix the issue, hope it helps you aswell.
Your fix to remove the anti virus worked great for me! Thanks!!!!!!
I'm having the same issue. Just installed IE8, rebooted, and when i click my IE quicklaunch icon the program shows up in the process list of the task manager for all of 1-2 seconds, sometimes accompanied with iedw.exe. The program vanishes from the list and never loads up. No error messages pop up, and no errors or info are shown in the event viewer.

I've found only one workaround so far and that is to use either windows update, or another program to bring up the IE shell, then surf wherever from there normally. if you load up another program and go to its Help section in the file menu, you will most likely find a selection that will take you to that programs' website which, for me, will load up the IE shell and let you surf normally from there. I know it's not a "solution" but it's working for me at the moment.

I've tried using Add/Remove programs in the control pannel and was able to successfully roll-back to IE7, which worked normally without workarounds.. If you don't want to use workarounds this may be your only option until M$ releases a fix to the problem. Simply go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall IE8. it won't remove the program entirely, just revert your system back to IE7. There's no need to download and reinstall IE7.

As of this writing i've reinstalled IE8 and the same problem is happening again. For now i'll make due with my workarounds. I hope this helps you.