First Boot Up problem

Closed
Junner - Mar 22, 2009 at 08:02 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 22, 2009 at 09:35 PM
Hello,

I just finished assemblying my first computer

my Mobo is Asus m4n72-e
my processor is AMD Phenom II X4
my memory is corsair 2 gb (one pair)

i'm running window xp pro as my operating system

I turn it on and everything seems running fine. Fans run fine, LEDs run fine, it boots, but the issue is that i cant seem to get into Bios page.

it just goes straight to a screen where it says near the bottom, no keyboard found. this is the screen i think where it reads the memory.

i do hear one beep and then three short beeps.

if it reads the memories as 4 gb on the black screen that i get, that must mean that the memories and mobo are not fried or anything right?

it says at the bottom, the boot will close in 15 seconds if i dont go to set up page, but i cant cause keyboard shows as not found.

could it be a graphic card issue?

let me know if i need to fill in more details for you guys to answer my question.

Thank you.
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 22, 2009 at 08:37 PM
What type of keyboard are you using? I would try connecting a PS/2 keyboard if you are using a USB one now. You might also remove one memory module (or both modules) for testing. Good Luck
i've already tried using the ps 2 keyboard and still nothing. i did the memories reseating and still nothing.

Mobo does read the 4 gb of memories that i've put in which means that it doesnt seem to be a memory card issue either.

im hoping it's not a graphic card issue, or a mobo issue.

or maybe i'm not connecting something right...

anyone had such issue before?

my power supply came w/ 4 pin atv 12 pin and 20 pin for mobo while mobo has 24pin

do i put extra 4 pin cable next to my psu 20pin? maybe 'cause of this, it's not booting right?

i'm retrying tonight and see where it takes me.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 22, 2009 at 09:35 PM
You need both a 24 pin ATX connector and the 4 Pin ATX 12V connector for this motherboard. Under powering the me could be causing your problems.

Check this site form more info on the plugs:
http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html