Hp laptop only showing desktop walpaper and mouse....

Closed
mrs.elsey8486 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2015 - Apr 2, 2015 at 02:29 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Apr 3, 2015 at 01:16 AM
Every time I try to turn on my laptop it loads but all I can see is my wallpaper. I can here everything loading though. I hear my skype turn on and everything I just cant see anything on my desktop. I can see and move my mouse. I can right click and it opens a list and through that I can get to everything. My libraries, control panel. But if I try to open anything like the internet or just anything I know it is opening but I can't see it. ctrl/alt/del does not work. When I push it my screen goes black & I have to get out of it. I tried do the system restore to restore to a earlier setting, but when I click to open it it either wont open or it is opening where everything else is that I can't see. I hooked up my camera to see if I could see that when it came on. It showed me the thing where you choose if you wnt to safe the files to the computer or just view them. I choose to save them and the thing that shows them downloading never showed up where I could see it. So it is kind of like my desktop walpaper is showing up on top of all my desktop icons and start menu/bar. How do I get rid of this? Oh and it works in safe mode. But I need to get in to the normal mode. In safe mode we have no sound and my son needs this for school. Is there a way to fix this without losing all my pictures and videos?
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Apr 3, 2015 at 01:16 AM
Hello and welcome,
go into safe mode and run these SFC /SCANNOW
also runDISK CHECK
try to scan your pc with anti virus software...