Laptop won't start, even bios doesn't come

Closed
egevirgen - Apr 4, 2015 at 05:19 AM
 egean - Apr 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Hello, As mentioned above, I have a local brand laptop and i'm facing "black screen" issue while trying to boot. There's power but nothing happens after pressing the button but fan runs all the time.
AFAIK, the problem is not the ssd, not the power supply or battery. I couldn't have a chance to try Ram.

And I want to give a specific info that may have something in common with the problem, there are a couple of touch buttons on laptop. Normally their blue led must start immediately but now it takes almost 10 seconds to work! And leds don't start working together, they start one by one... Sorry for bad language hope I explained it well. Thanks in advance...

Related:

1 response

MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
Apr 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM
OK, as I tell everybody here, you should always provide info about your machine's manufacturer and model.
as for troubleshooting, I would ask you a few questions:
  • when you press power button does the monitor gives any light no matter how dim it is, can you tell if it is working or not at all.
  • can you run your machine on AC adapter without the battery.
  • did you update you BIOS or OS?

------------------------
Ok, I recommend removing any HDD, SSD, Micro SD, or any other cards or USBs, also remove: battery, power cable, RAM chips, and wait for a few seconds.
  • put back one RAM module if you have more than one, don't put back anything else except the AC adapter and power it on.

God luck
Thanks for your answer! As I said, this is a local brand laptop but i'm writing the details.
This is a Casper Nirvana CME.2670-8N45P laptop.
Screen stays completely black, just like it is turned off.
I tried to open with and without the battery, without ram (which I just have one slot), without SSD and finally without DVD with no luck.
I didn't touch the bios, and updated OS almost a year ago. Original bios is a Phoenix SecureCore if this is an important info.
Any other options I can try? Thank you again.
MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
Apr 5, 2015 at 03:01 AM
this narrows the options to either the display adapter or the screen it self.
if you do have some hardware background I suggest to start testing the screen-power-feed circuit, and then checking the adapter,
I actually have no idea about how to check screen-power-feed circuit but im gonna search the net now. But I think device just doesnt boot. I mean the problem is not with display, nothing happens in background after pushing power button. I'm wondering if I damaged the motherboard. I was using the laptop without under cover due to heating issues. If so can MB be repaired instead of changing?
Apr 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM
you didn't mention the heating in the first post.
Apr 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM
this is not to be solved home. cause there's so many scenarios, now that u mentioned heating you could have damaged either the processor or the MB chip.