Scondary hardware not shown on computer

Solved/Closed
mah - Apr 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Apr 15, 2015 at 08:26 AM
Hello,

secondary internal hard disk detected but the computer does not show

mah

3 responses

jollym124 Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2017 28
Apr 7, 2015 at 01:16 AM
Format your hard drive.Make partitions under computer management. I hope this will work for you.
No it does not work. I can't see my newly assembled internal hard disk.in my comp.
thus I can't partition or format it
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 7, 2015 at 08:48 AM
Hey there mah. Where is the drive detected, BIOS, Disk Management, Device Manager? In order to be recognized and accessible when you open Windows Explorer, you should initialize it first, then partition and format it. Here's how to do initialize the drive: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=dCZ0c8 remember to use MBR for drives up to 2TB and GPT if the drive is larger than 2TB (this is also mentioned in the guide)

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Thanks
No Initialize Disk Wizard appear when I open Disk Management
the newly installed hard disk is also not seen
can only be seen in the bios
mah
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > mah
Apr 7, 2015 at 10:08 AM
That's a bit odd. Try switching it from IDE to AHCI mode in the BIOS or the other way around to see if it is recognized this way and if you can initialize it. If that doesn't work as well, I'd recommend that you try the HDD with another computer to see if the same thing happens, or at least try different SATA and power cables with your PC.
You could also download the manufacturer's diagnostic tool to see if it recognizes the drive, so that you can test it and see if any errors pop-up. Note that if it's not initialized the HDD diagnostic tool might not detect it as well.

Please let me know how everything goes.
Thanks again.
I have tried switching to IDE mode in the BIOS, switching cables with primary
disk and still back to square one. presently I am trying the HP diagnostic tools
Am hoping for the best
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > mah
Apr 8, 2015 at 02:48 AM
No worries. What were the results of the test?
You could also try the drive with a different computer to see if you have the same issue. Unfortunately, if it still has the same problem even when connected to a different computer, it might be a faulty drive and you may have to RMA in order to get it replaced.
Hi, just brought the CPU to the outlet where I bought the hard disk.On investigation the tech. says my OS window is in RAID mode so we are not going to see any secondary disk. I have tried to change to IDE but I can't open my comp with that..
Now what?
mah
Thanks.
I think this will do. I hope I won't loose any data
Thanks again
mah
Finally solved without formatting. The IT guy MR Mohd from HP did it for me.
Just like what boogieman suggested.First disconnect the 2harddisk then at the primary disk change sata controller mode to AHCI at the bios. then disconnect the primary and reconnect the 2 disk to run as primary..Change sata controller mode to AHCI at the bios also.Later reconnect both. Run the comp. The secondary was at offline. Just put it online and its solved
Thanks to you boogieman for your suggestions and concern.
mah
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 15, 2015 at 08:26 AM
You're most welcome, I'm glad if I was able to help. Good job on solving the issue! It's awesome you didn't have to format or anything like that. :)