Applications not working

Closed
nmsailor Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday April 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2015 - Apr 7, 2015 at 05:10 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 9, 2015 at 05:18 PM
Hello, my daughter's Toshiba Satellite laptop will not open any applications through the icon or start menu. When Firefox is clicked, the laptop shuts down and a blue screen will appear with stop: 0x0000001E.

I have rebooted in safe mode and tried to do antivirus scan but no applications will open in safe mode either, nor will internet explorer or firefox.

Done a restore 3xs, and still the applications don't open and neither does the internet explorer or firefox.

Can someone give me some help.

Laptop is window 7 home premium and 64bit

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 7, 2015 at 05:23 PM
Hello

Blue screen you say! This is serious business.

A Toshiba! You have all my compassion.

Download the following on your desktop:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

Unzip the file

Double click on BlueScreenView.exe

At the end of the scan, click on edit and then on select all

Go on file and click on save selected items

Save the log as bsod.txt

Open bsod.txt, copy and paste here
nmsailor Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday April 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2015
Apr 8, 2015 at 09:20 AM
Sorry, can't do. I can copy to usb and then copy to my daughter's laptop, but still can't open application or .exe files in either normal or safe mode. Can't even do a antivirus scan in normal or safe mode. Tried to copy a different antivirus with no luck. Can only copy files from laptop to usb or other way around, but nothing works. All ready did a chkdsk and restore 3xs, with no luck. I'm stuck!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 8, 2015 at 04:03 PM
Hi,

Lets see if you can get this to work:

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).
Ambucias
Moderator and Virus/Security Contributor
nmsailor Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday April 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 9, 2015
Apr 9, 2015 at 04:03 PM
Sorry this didn't work either. Can't open internet explorer or firefox to download anything. Any other ideas?
Apr 9, 2015 at 05:18 PM