In Windows 10, apps downloaded from the Windows Store are installed in a hidden folder at the root of your system drive. By default, access to this folder is denied, but you can view the content of the app folder with a simple tweak to your settings.
How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10?
1) Launch your PC and click on Start > File Explorer > This PC > C: > Program Files.
2) Click on the View menu > Show/Hide and tick the Hidden items checkbox.
3) Search for a folder named WindowsApps. But don't open the folder or else Windows will display a warning message that reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder":
4) Even if you are an administrator, you'll need to take ownership of the folder before you can view its content.
How to take ownership of the Windows apps folder?
1) Right-click on the WindowsApps folder > Properties > Security tab and then click on Advanced.
2) Click on the Change button displayed next to Owner.
3) Type your Windows ID into the Enter the object name to select field and then click on Check Names.
4) Once your ID has been verified, click on OK > Apply to take ownership of the folder.
5) Close the Properties dialog window and try to open the folder again.
- Where are apps stored on windows 10
- Where are microsoft store apps installed
- Windows 10 app location
- HP Smart > Download
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension > Guide
- How to uninstall apps from the Windows Store on Windows 8.1 > Guide
- Google Play Store > Download
- Install apps on Windows 10: via Run, without Microsoft store > Guide
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- PC restarting on its own: Windows 10, 11
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- How to turn on and use Wake on LAN on a PC?
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Show hidden files on Windows 10: via cmd, shortcut
- Permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 10
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Update to Windows 10 for free
- Install RSync under Windows: cygwin, powershell
- How to disable volume shadow copy?
- Windows calendar show week number
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to increase your PC hard disk space?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Command prompt: Windows 10, commands, shortcut
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- Fix corrupted driver: Code 39, Windows 10
- Speed up Windows 10 computer performance
- Disable Ctfmon.exe at startup on Windows 10
- Play music on computer startup: Windows 10, Windows 7
- How to right click on touch screen: Windows 10, monitor
- How to reduce data usage: on Windows 11, 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- Pagefile.sys file: purpose, size, location
- How to mount ISO files on Windows 10
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- Add a printer in Windows 8.1, 10
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- Asus smart gesture not working: after Windows 10 update
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- How to change the installation location on Windows 7, 10, 11
- How to activate a pirated version of Windows?
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Delete file in Windows: CMD, 10
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Fix touchpad on Windows 10: disabled, incompatible driver
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to display Windows 10 update in Control Panel?
- Change computer system language: Windows 7, Windows 10
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- How to create desktop shortcuts: on Windows 11, 10, etc.
- How to open the Windows 10 registry via cmd
- How to fix Rundll Error: on startup, Windows 10
- How to install a missing .dll file?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- How to show desktop icons in Windows 10
- Customize the mouse pointer in Windows 8, 10
- Take photos with your webcam on Windows?
- How to set up the phone companion app in Windows 10?
- How to enable classic notifications in Windows 10
- How to turn off Taskbar Tidbits in Windows 10
- How to turn off Firewall: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- How to switch graphics processor on Windows 10
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to hide desktop icons on Windows 10?
- Desktop icons missing Windows: 10, 7, after update
- How to create a desktop shortcut for Cortana: WIndows 10
- How to boot in safe mode in Windows 8, 10?
- How to change Cortana search engine: to Google
- How to turn off camera on Windows
- Windows 10 Pro vs. Home: What's the difference?
- Best browsers for Windows 10 (2022)
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- USB not recognized: Windows 10 fix
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via the Your Phone app
- Speed up PC startup on Windows 7, 8, 10
- How to use Cortana in Windows 10
- How to uninstall Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- How to record screen: Windows 11, 10
- Security settings don't allow files to be dowloaded: fix