Laptop keeps shutting off for no reasaon

Closed
DempseyD. Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 18 April 2015 Status Member Last seen 19 April 2015 - 18 Apr 2015 à 14:48
CowgirlC Posts 1 Registration date Friday 1 May 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 May 2015 - 1 May 2015 à 17:14
I have a Lenovo windows 7 laptop, for no reason it keeps shutting itself off. Could you please help me. Thank You
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
18 Apr 2015 à 16:29
Hi,

Does it do it in safe mode?
DempseyD. Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 18 April 2015 Status Member Last seen 19 April 2015
19 Apr 2015 à 10:15
Yes it even does it in safe mode. Thank You
Ambucias Posts 47312 Registration date Monday 1 February 2010 Status Moderator Last seen 28 March 2026 11,166
19 Apr 2015 à 16:47
Have you recently added any software or hardware?

Did you open the laptop to look at the motherboard?

If you answered no to the above, I suggest that you have a power supply issue that only a qualified technician can look into.
Dempsey1962
19 Apr 2015 à 21:53
No I didn't look at the motherboard, but I did find out that as long as I have a fan running on it, it never shut off.
CowgirlC Posts 1 Registration date Friday 1 May 2015 Status Member Last seen 1 May 2015
1 May 2015 à 17:14
My Asus is doing the same thing often, and in this case it is not a power issue, fully charged, and plugged in. Overheating is one possibility.