Compare two excel sheets in the same workbook

Closed
Kenny - Apr 20, 2015 at 12:17 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - May 12, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Guys ! I need your expert advise .I'm working on a crusie ship and at the moment I'm trying to compare 2 voyages (Passenger Lists) which has the same number of rows and coloumns (Titles- eg. Name, title, First Name.Passport info.address seating etc(Basically all guest info) and find out which one are in transit (sialing with us for 2 back to back cruises)..Therefore I'm trying to create a macro in excel, as I could use this list every time..Pls advise
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Hi Kenny,

Not entirely clear what you are trying to achieve.

Do you mean that you have two sheets. Where you want to compare entire rows (how many columns do you use?) to each other and when two rows match place them in a third sheet?

Could you clear the fog?

The more details you provide the less changes you will have to make to the code.

Best regards,
Trowa
Hi Trowa,
Yes I'have two sheets (Voyage 1 (Current - 7 days) & Voyage 2 (upcoming - 7 days) - (3600 passengers each). Out of the 3600 passengers there might me 300 to 400 passengers who will be sailing with us from the current voyage to the upcoming voyage) . So in this case some passengers have the same booking reference numbers )for e.g - 8KH4TZ) for 2 crusies (Logical Cruise - 14days (2 7days combined)) and some have 2 seperate booking numbers for the 2 cruises. Therefore I need to manually check all those paasengers who have 2 seperate booking numbers in order to create my transit list. Please could you advise..or I can send you the passenger list if you want to have a look!!!! Than you in advance
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 12, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Hi Kenny,

So you are manually checking 3600 rows for reference numbers! Damn, that is a lot.
We definitely have to find a solution for that.

The way I see it now is that you have 2 sheets, where you want to compare the reference numbers. But what then? Colour the cell, row or put them on a separate sheet.

Posting your workbook will help. A few rows of data will be enough. Do show or tell how the end result should look like. Be careful with sensitive information and in case you don't know how to post your workbook:
Go to a free file sharing site like www.speedyshare.com or ge.tt. Upload your workbook, copy the download link and paste it in your next post.

Best regards,
Trowa