April 30, 2015
-
Registration date
Thursday July 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2015
-
I have many many worksheets within an Excel file. Each one contains a list of components used to make a final product (assembly). This is called a BOM or Bill of Material for anyone that doesn't work with this. Although the concept of finding commonalities would be the same no matter what it is.

I am trying to determine what common components are used between all of the final assemblies to ultimately create a kit that would include these and reduce the amount of time the assembler needs to collect all of these when they get an order.
Is there a way that I can pull this data out of these worksheets? Note: I pulled these BOMs from an Access database that I created as well. I do not know VBA or specific expressions that would do this although it seems that this should have been done before?
Anything will be appreciated.

2 replies

Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 25, 2021
Hi Mike,

Let's see if I get this.

Each sheet contains a list of components, which represent a final product.

Aside from these sheets you have a final assembly sheet, which contains a list of different final products.

And now you want to automatically insert the list of components whenever you enter a final product on the assembly sheet.

Am I on the right track?

Could you post some sample data, to see what needs to go where?

Best regards,
Trowa
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Thursday July 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 30, 2015

got the same problem when managed all my BOMs using excel spreadsheet. Easiest solution is to manage them in a BOM management solution. You can import/export your excel BOMs from it. https://ciiva.com/bill-of-materials-software/screenshots